This leading science and tech organisation is looking for a Director of Marketing Communications based in Oxford. Reporting into the CEO you will be part of their Corporate Head Office team, a dynamic group of people.
As Director of Marketing & Communications function, this role will set the strategic direction of communications, public relations, and marketing activity with the aspiration of making the organisation a much more internationally recognised name. The role requires someone with a strategic approach but who can support their team with hands on implementation when needed, strong interpersonal skills and evidence of managing a variety of highly important stakeholders ranging from senior Government departments to major multinationals. You need to thrive in a fast-paced environment, be proactive, and highly skilled in managing upwards and downwards across a complex team matrix. You will have a passion for science and technology and be first in class at delivering a variety of integrated programmes that change behaviours and influence target audiences.
- Develop a deep understanding of the strategic drivers of the organisation to ensure all aspects of marketing and communications complement the vision, mission and KPIs of the organisation
- Ensure the brand proposition and visual identity is integrated into every aspect of the organisation ranging from mission and culture through to the physical facilities and employee / stakeholder engagement tools and Cluster communications.
- Lead the development of an integrated communications and marketing strategy in support of the long-term business strategy and oversee implementation.
- Work collaboratively with other department leads and key stakeholders in the Joint Venture to ensure a strong sense of understanding of major milestones and potential issues.
- Direct line management of the marketing and communications team that is inclusive, engaging, motivating and will inspire a high performing team.
- Strong marketing and communications acumen at a strategic level.
- Whilst not essential, the preference is for candidates with science and technology sector exposure and / or real estate.
- Experience in juggling multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment and will be adept at managing multiple internal stakeholders.
- Building and sustaining high-quality relationships with your team, stakeholders on campus and external parties
- Being very comfortable in regularly presenting to a wide range of stakeholders
- Critical decision-maker
- A strong influencer of others, engaging in your communication style
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.