MEDIA RELATIONS MANAGER - FINANCIAL SERVICES
BASED CITY, LONDON
Our client a highly successful financial services business is looking for an experienced media relations professional to join the growing media relations team.
You will need solid recent media relations experience ideally from a financial services, banking or large professional services organisation eg.the Big 4
You'll be able to operate at a strategic and operational level within media relations, with a proactive approach to building strong relationships with key financial journalists in the UK national and trade press.
- Develop and deliver reactive and proactive media relations including leading PR campaigns, preparing communications materials, writing press releases, managing media issues and working collaboratively with PR agencies
- Advise senior stakeholders on media relations issues
- Help the business to maintain share of coverage
- Advising on business decisions when there is potential reputational impact.
- Supporting the development of a media relations strategy to deliver key long term strategic messages externally.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with a range of journalists in the trade and national press
- Manage relationships with PR agencies
- Solid experience in handling Corporate Media relations activities within a financial services or banking environment (or large professional services organisation)
- Experience developing and implementing media relations plans and strategies
- Strong relationships with UK based financial /business journalists in the national newspapers
- Proactive approach to building strong relationships with the press/journalists
- Strong stakeholder management skills-with the ability to build strong relationships with C-suite executives
- Experience in sensitive issues management
Please send your cv to Emma Jerome via the link provided
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.