My client, a global market intelligence organisation, provide essential intelligence for companies, individuals and the public sector to make strategic decisions.
This role (Senior Sales Director) is responsible for leading a group of seasoned sales representatives and relationship managers to grow the book of business in the Pacific region through new business sales and renewal strategies.
As a seasoned leader, the right candidate will have a proven track record of meeting and exceeding financial objectives, as well as a passion for driving a culture of collaboration and learning. In addition, this person will have strong 'C' Level relationships in the Financial Markets to help expand senior stakeholder relationships within client organizations.
The Impact: The candidate will lead from the front to drive a strategy for strong growth of the business, leveraging their solid leadership skills, commercial experience and industry network. A deep understanding of the financial markets and the regulatory environment is a must.
The Career Opportunity: This is a key senior position within our APAC commercial team and represents a great opportunity to further develop your sales leadership skills with a strong global brand. You will work closely with APAC & Global Senior Leaders/Stakeholders to develop and execute the commercial strategy for the Pacific region and enable new revenue streams for the business through targeted channel partners.
Essential Accountabilities And Responsibilities
- Work closely with Senior Stakeholders to develop and execute the commercial strategy for Pacific and APAC Channel Partners, considering industry/regulatory requirements and market trends and aligning to key GTM strategies to drive the business
- Develop and nurture strong client relationships with the 'C-Suite' and Senior Managers (eg. Chief Executive Officers, Chief Financial Officers, Chief Technology Officers, Chief Risk Officers, Chief Investment Officers, Heads of Divisions & Business Units, etc)
- Actively engage with potential commercial alliance partners
- Support and coach the sales and relationship management team with complex sales and renewal negotiations
- Conduct regular career conversations with team members and work together to create career progression road maps and development plans
- Produce accurate revenue forecasting for new business sales and renewals
- Develop an exceptional understanding of, and stay current on, the organisations Market Intelligence products and solutions and their application to specific job functions and personas
- Have a deep understanding of our clients' workflow and how our products add value to users in different segments including commercial lending, investment banking, investment management and non-financial corporates
- Work with other senior leaders across the group to drive top line revenue growth.
- 10+ years of direct sales experience in the institutional financial markets in Pacific
- Hold a minimum of 7 years' experience leading/coaching high performing commercial teams
- Strong personal integrity and a confident and positive manner
- Entrepreneurial mindset; demonstrates drive, initiative, energy and sense of urgency
- Work effectively in a team-based environment as well as independently
- Desire and flexibility to learn and grow in an ever-changing environment
- Strong communication, organization, presentation and negotiation skills
- CFA , CMA qualifications or MAppFin is a plus
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.cartermurray.com.au
Carter Murray is part of The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.